Ingredients4 oz brown rice
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 pound ground beef
1 stick celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1/2 sweet potato, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 bell pepper, chopped
2 bay leaves
Directions1. Brown meat in pan. Once brown, add chopped vegetables and cook for approximately 5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add can tomatoes and bay leaves. Allow to simmer on low heat for 60-70 minutes.
3. Cook brown rice according to manufacturer directions. Add frozen peas for additional nutrition 5 minutes before rice is due to be cooked.
4. Divide rice between two plates and top with stew.
5. Enjoy with a glass of Argentinian Malbec!
Serves 2-3 people
TIPS- I used a can of tomatoes with added jalapeños to add an extra kick to the meal.
- Like usual, use as many or as little vegetables as you wish.
- Brown rice will take longer than white rice, however is healthier due to the higher fiber content.